Our Objective: To list down the 20 best and most free business listing sites in India.
When a business plans to go online, there are numerous hurdles that the entity has to face before they mark its presence. But to be visible and discovered on the Internet is one of the top requirements for any business. There are multiple tools, Digital Marketing Agencies available to take care of all this burdensome process for you. But what do they do actually? They definitely will help you in appearing in search results, thereby getting discovered far more easily and ultimately expanding your business multifold. One initial step that anyone can take to get started is to get your business registered in local directories.
Business listing sites have become extremely popular as of late, not only in India but also all over the world. This popularity has been propelled by the introduction of social media websites like Facebook and Twitter which have made it easier to promote your business online and connect with potential customers and clients. Here are the 20 best and free business listing websites in India to help you get started.
What is a Business Listing Directory?
The traditional methods of promoting or establishing a business offline are long-lived and persist. From local print ads to mailers, brochures, coupons, and handouts, analog resources were the key to driving new business. Local businesses still make the most of these conventional methods. They use these methods in combinations with others to reach their target audience. But considering the time we live in today, even if your business is based in the physical world, if no one can find you online, you may not exist as well.
Business Listing Directory is like a hub of various businesses, where whenever someone establishes a new business, gets the business registered in any relevant local directory to attract more business. A local business directory lists important information about your business including:
- hours, location, and contact information, along with pictures and other relevant information (e.g., testimonials or other links).
These listings pop up as organic search results on search engines.
How Does a Business Listing Directory Help Your Business?
Making a presence online is not an overnight achievable task. Surely, it requires a whole lot of calculated effort, time, and patience. But working in the right direction with a proper action plan is the only way to drive traffic to your online business and get it noticed. It
Registering your business in an online business directory is an initial step in the successful journey of your online business. There are plenty of benefits associated with the same. Let’s discuss a few of them:
- Potential customers or consumers can find you through these websites while searching for some service, content, or product that you offer, without even knowing your name.
- A complete and interesting profile on the listing website can make the customer visit your website also.
- You can create a database of your potential customers who enquired or took interest in one of your services.
- Engaging and being transparent with your consumers are the primary key to success and making them visit your website again and again.
Ways to Get Listed on Top Business Listing Websites
Online directories are an essential resource for finding local businesses in your area. Online directories help customers find products, services, or companies they need to conduct business transactions. Some of these directory sites help consumers make informed buying decisions by providing ratings of products and/or services while others simply allow users to be on a searchable list so that other consumers can find them. Whatever your reasons may be for creating a listing on top online business listing sites, there are several ways to accomplish just that.
- Register with each site individually – The first way is pretty simple: create an account with each site individually. This is probably going to take you quite some time as many directories require information such as your address, phone number, email address, etc. before you’re allowed access to their database.
- Sign up for a service that will do it for you – If there are too many sites or if it seems like a daunting task to register on each one individually, consider signing up for a service that will do it all for you. There are several companies out there that offer business listing services where they handle everything from registration to getting reviews placed on these sites.
- Pay someone else to register for you – If all else fails or if you have more money than time, pay someone else to do it! Some people make a living off of registering businesses online so why not get in touch with them?
- Choose which sites to register with – Once you’ve decided how you want to go about creating a listing online, it’s time to choose which directory sites to sign up for. Start by thinking about what kind of business you own (or plan on owning). Is it local? National? International? Then think about what kinds of products or services your company offers.
Top 20 Free Business Listing Sites In India
Surely, we all look for Local Business Sites in India for Free Listing and Exposure. So here we’ve compiled for you a list of Top Free Business Listing Sites in India. The following sites are 100% free to list your business. With a few clicks, you’ll be able to create a profile for your company on these websites that receive abundantly of views each month. If you have any questions about listing your company online, leave them in the comments below! I’m happy to help out where I can.
|S.No.||Business Listing Site||DA|
|1.||Google My Business||94|
Other than the above-mentioned website directories, there are more basic websites that one must take full advantage of while registering your business.
- Apple Maps
- Better Business Bureau
- Yellow Pages
- Yahoo! Local
10 Strategies To Grow Traffic From Your Business Listing Site
- Add your key information (such as business name, location, opening hours, and email) to each of your business listing sites.
- Follow business listing site guidelines: For example, if a site requires you to use tags in addition to keywords, then do so. You should also ensure that your address is accurate on every listing site since otherwise, you might not appear in search results.
- Include a link back to your website on each business listing site.
- Update your business listing regularly.
- Create unique and regular content, so that your work will get noticed.
- Write a compelling description of your business.
- Be consistent with how you describe yourself across all listings.
- Use relevant categories and subcategories for each listing site.
- Keep an eye out for new business listing sites that may be relevant to your business and make sure they add you too!
- Join niche forums where people discuss issues related to your industry.
Listing your business online is a free investment that everyone should do in today’s time. It will unfold many prospects for your business to bloom on the web.
If you have enjoyed reading the article, make sure to tell me in the comments down below:
Check out our other posts here:
- 5 Ultimate Online Canva Resources To Become A Pro Designer
- Want To Become a Pythoneer? Try Out These 11 Simple Python Projects Now!
- With “Bhailang”, learn Programming the easy and fun way
- Make an Attractive Responsive Navigation Bar Using HTML and CSS
- The Most Asked HTML Interview Questions Of All Time